Sunday, May 13, 2012

Concept that need further discussion.

I think one concept that I like further discussion on is confirming and disconfirming others. This was the most confusing concept to me because it talked about using verbal and non-verbal cues of agreeing and disagreeing with other people. The book outlined using acknowledgment, recognition and endorsement to confirm or disconfirm others. I just found this lesson just a little bit confusing or I confused by the ideas of acknowledging, recognizing or endorsing someone. Another concept that I wished we talked in class about more is non-verbal communication between others. I wanted to know if there is certain non-verbal cues that project certain attitudes or a series a non-verbal cues can be conversation by the movement of facial express or the the way people play with their eyes. I think non-verbal communication is very sneak because you cannot directly get the message from the cue. Furthermore, I would have like to expand on communication between people of different backgrounds and how a person's culture factors into their communication style.
-Sir Keithington

No comments:

Post a Comment