Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Favorites and Least Favorites

My favorite thing about Communication 10 was the blogging and posting on the different topics in communication. I loved reading other students posts and looking into their insight on the topics that we were being taught each week. In addition, my favorite thing about this class was learning how the different topics in communication and the development and interactions of human relationship. I am a person who loves to communication so learning different concepts about  communication fascinates me. Additionally, another thing that I liked about the class is that it was easy going and not pressure. This is a class that I actually enjoyed and I totally love how it's structure. My least favorite part about the class that I have to say were the writing the papers because sometimes I honestly forget when they are due. Though I enjoyed writing the papers because they go the class to dig deeper in the material sometimes I felt they were a little bit long. The only thing I suggest for the class is to encourage video blog postings of the topics discussed in class. That's all.
-Sir Keithington

3 comments:

  1. Sir Keithington, I love your idea of a video blog! That is brilliant. In today’s techo-crazy culture, where everyone has an iPhone or some sort of smart phone, doing video is easy. What if one of the assignments was to do some sort of video interview and upload it to your individual blog? You could be graded on creativity (in addition to content), and then explain how whatever it is you filmed, interviewed, related to the subject matter. I didn’t mind the papers, but I agree with you about this class feeling non-pressurous (I know that’s not a word), and that it actually was fun to read other’s blogs! I will be a little sad to stop with the reading and writing of blogs – who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir Keithington
    I honestly did not ever think about video blogging, but now that you mentioned it I do think that is a great idea, that way individuals can work on there communication skills as well. I too loved reading other classmates blogs, it was just very interesting to see others opinions. I did not mind the paper but I do agree with you, at times I would forget the paper was due. There were also times when the paper was due and we didnt have to post, then times when we did have to post and we had a paper due as well, which made it a little confusing. All in All I enjoyed this course

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also liked being able to blog and read the others students comments and posts. I’m typically not the sort of person that gives his opinion to just anyone but I felt free to do it in this class. I enjoyed the open environment and the way everyone’s thoughts and ideas were heard and often validated by the other students in the class. It was the perfect class for me and I don’t think I could really come up with a way to make it any better than it was. I thought it worked just fine. Video blogging does seem like a cool idea though, that way you could get to see the people you’re talking to.

    ReplyDelete