Sunday, February 12, 2012

Q1: Generation Gap

So for question one I talked to my grandparents about life 40 years ago. So 40 years ago my grandparents were 20 during the 1960's. Segregation was present during that time so my grandparents were trying to abide by the law. During that time men were taught to get a job and enter the army right after high school. As for women they were taught to stay at home and take care for their brothers and sisters. More so, for fun 20 year-old went to the sock-hop and danced to Motown music. In addition my grandparents participated int he civil rights movement. Then moving on the my parents who are 20 year's older than me. My parents were 20 during the 1980's. For men during that time they went to college and went to get a job. Then for women it was all about keeping up with the latest 80's trends while going to college to have fun and then meet a boy and then get married. The 80's was a fun time for my parents so 20's year old were having fun with the new music and technology. Today being 20 is a little bit stressful especially going and paying for college. Today education is the United States is incredibly expensive especially in California. More so being 20 you have to balance, school, work and social life. It is expected for both men and women who are 20 to go to college and graduate and then go out and look for a job. Though many people who are 20 have fun going to parties and hanging out with friends we are living during the an economic downturn. Therefore, going to college and finding a job is the new vision for people who are 20.
-Sir Keithington

No comments:

Post a Comment