Friday, March 9, 2012

Emotional Fallacies

One emotional that I am guilty of is perfectionism. I always strive to be a perfectionist because I set high standards for myself and I want to impress people with my talent. But I admit it's absolutely took a tole on me emotionally. According the text effects of perfectionism are stress, dissatisfaction of self and jealous and envy of others and I definitely experienced that during my life. For example, today I was lead anchoring Update News and newscast produced by students from the School of Journalism and Mass Communications and I totally got flustered when my live interview take did not go so well. I caught off guard by that and I miss my timing for when to read over the break. I was so disappointed in myself and I thought I was going to have an emotional relapse because I was so ready for my opportunity to shine and I blew it. But you know what I picked my self back up and go through the rest of the newscast. I just have to realize that no one is perfect. Perfection can't be achieved and I just have to realize to believe in my self and role with the punches. So whenever  I have a moment to think it over, I'll always say that I can learn from this experience and what doesn't kill you make your stronger.
-Sir Keithington

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post in regards to the emotional fallacy of perfectionism. I can relate, as I am a perfectionist myself. Everything I do must be perfect to the best of my abilities. Being a perfectionist and a working college student brings some stressful times to my life sometimes and I still have not learned my lesson. I am still a perfectionist, but I have decreased my level of being perfect. I no longer think about perfection in everything I do, but I more go about things by striving for perfection. If I achieve it then I’m happy knowing I did everything I could to make it perfect. If I don't then at least I can say I did all I can to make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete