Friday, March 2, 2012

Listening is a 10 Part Skill

I found the article on listening is a 10 part skill very interesting. I never really thought of listening as a skill but it makes perfect sense why listening is skill because in order to communicate and receive information we must listen. The few items that stood out to me in the article is when your listening judge for content and not delivery and listen for ideas. I think these two concepts are especially important because I feel we use these two skills to make decision. For example, we are going through a presidential election and many republicans are battling it out to be the GOP nominee. In order to distinguish the candidates and makes a sound decision we must listen to their ideas for the future of American and how to bring back the economy from the brink of disaster. Another skill that stood out for me was hold your excitement. For example, let's just say you think your boyfriend or girlfriend is getting ready to ask you to marry him or her but the fact is that he or she wants to break up with you. This skill illustrate don't assume what message is going to be so you can make a preemptive message. Additionally, it's important to practice listening because it coaches us how to look for content, decipher ideas and communicate information. Therefore, I found this article very intriguing because it taught me about different skill sets of listening and how they can be applied.
-Sir Keithington

No comments:

Post a Comment