Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ineffective Expressions in Emotions


The concept that I want to talk about is ineffective expression in emotions. There are three ineffective ways to express emotions, which are speaking in generalities, not owning feelings and counterfeit emotional language. According to the text, speaking in generalities is very common. For example, emotion generalities are saying, “I’m happy or I’m mad.” These phrases are very general and really do not express much. There has to be an emotion behind these emotions. An example would be saying “I’m super excited because I going to see the President of the United States.” Another if effective expression in emotions does not own your feelings. An example is using “you” language to refer to some like “you make me angry.” This is ineffective because you are not truly showing emotion. In reality, the emotion you are truly feeling is anger and dislike. More so, counterfeit emotional language is language that expresses emotions but not feelings. For example, a person saying, “please stop it.” This type of language indicates that the speaker is feeling something but language is not expressing the emotion. Nonetheless, ineffective expressions in emotion could me both misleading and confusing when communicating and building a relationship with a person.
-Sir Keithington 

1 comment: